I tried the beta with the configure script changes, and found that it has the problem of placing the resulting modules in the wrong directory. After some further experimentation it seems to me that the best way to deal with it is to edit the kernel makefile version string. This way everybody agrees on exactly what is going on.
Also - I found that when compiling for SMP the resulting PCMIA modules are looking for APM functions - this can be fixed by also turning off APM in the kernel makefile, but methinks that PCMCIA should not be looking for them as APM is not going to be around when SMP is active.
[ Edit This Forum ]