I did see that the case matched the HOWTO info,
but I did not see any interrupt conflict in
/proc/interrupt. (I now see I was too gullible
about this info...)
I changed the irq_list in the pcmcia start script, and got the second card to work.
Maybe you should emphasize that the proc/interrupt info may miss a system's interrupt. I reread and found at the end the HOWTO's warning that I had missed (because pcmcia seemed to be probing ok in that it assigned IRQs and loaded...)
"Depending on system design, an inactive device can still occupy an interrupt and cause trouble .." That was true here. Thanks
[ Edit This Forum ]