I just updated to pcmcia-cs-3.1.14 and this is what I found.
The tulip_cb driver is still broken. Can't ping anything. I copied in the one from 3.1.11 which is the last one that worked for me.
The transfer speeds are still asymmetrical. TX is much faster than RX. TX is about 30 times faster if my crude testing methods can be trusted. Below is some ifconfig output:
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:10:A4:F3:64:17 inet addr:192.168.10.8 Bcast:192.168.10.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:20730 errors:5 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:7937 errors:17801 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:17801 collisions:0 txqueuelen:100 Interrupt:3 Base address:0x1000
There seem to be a lot of carrier errors. I am using the Xircom RBEM56G at 100baseT and full duplex. It doesn't seem to make any difference if I use a switch or a cross-over cable.